Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Tale of Blue Skies


London was really sunny today! While we were walking to class at 10am there was not a cloud in the sky.
<---LOOK!

It was about 70 degrees also, which was just perfect for our 15ish walk to Imperial with our very pompous professor who likes the sound of his own voice. Whenever I first get to class, I always feel very energized and ready for the day, but yet I find myself fighting to keep my eyes open and brain in focus throughout the duration of the class. It is like he has some sort of venom that sucks the energy out of us. It is hard to explain, and I may be exaggerating slightly, but nonetheless I am ready for my internship to start. I wish that I could have a hint before I find out on Tuesday!
Yesterday was the Championship football match between Chelsea and Manchester United (who ended up winning with PKs!). A huge group of us walked to Imperial College's quad (the 3rd time we made the trek over there for the day) and watched the game with some of the students on a big screen outside. I can not get enough of the accent over here, it is so much fun to listen to. I wonder how funny we all sound to them. 

I have continued on my pattern of only taking showers every other day (which is very unlike me, considering I like to be so fresh and so clean all the time). So as a general rule of thumb, if my hair is down that means I have showered that day. If my hair is up than that means I have not. Tomorrow is an "off" day. 

Something else I have noticed about this city is that everyone loves mayonnaise. There is literally half of an aisle at the store dedicated to mayo. I hate mayo! The only sandwich I have found thus far which lacks the disgusting, thick, pasty, smelly condiment is called a cheese salad. A cheese salad is lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and cheese on bread. No sauce. No mayo. PERFECT.

I am sitting on my bed right now (top bunk) listening to the train pass by my window every five minutes and procrastinating on writing my summary for this stupid article we have to read for class tomorrow. For your (and my own) entertainment:



The only other thing I did today was go to see the new Indiana Jones movie (my 1st, i hate to admit). Supposedly it was really bad, but I had nothing to compare it too so I didn't mind the aliens in the movie so much. It was still 7 pounds though!
I suppose I should get to my paper....

SUNNY DAYZ RECAP:
-pompous professor
-London loves mayo
-Man U beat Chelsea (which I think is because "Chelsea" is not a manly name)
-Accents are fun
-I will definitely be showering on Saturday......
-CONFESSION: i may or may not have gone to Starbucks today :)

Cheers!
-Christy

No comments: