Monday, May 26, 2008

The Tale of Procrastination

For Memorial Day, I have decided to write in red, (white), and blue.
Class starts up again tomorrow at 10:30, and I really do not feel like sifting through a 30 page article on Western Europe and writing a summary about it. After finishing this entry, I think I have done everything humanly possible (well, in my terms) to distract myself. 
I hate to admit it, but today my flat-mates and I slept until.....oh I'd say noon. We were awoken by Fran's phone alarm early, but then fell quickly back asleep in and out until noon. I had alot of dreams last night, but unfortunately I can't remember them. I think they were good ones too. 

(This is my new hat)
Our plans to head to the gorgeous parks here were demolished by the unusual rainy weather that fell upon the city today. Instead, Emily, Ally, Julia and I hopped on the tube and headed to Bond Street, right around Oxford Street for some shopping to cure our rainy day blues. I was so excited to buy my first piece of clothing from London! Because now, everytime I wear it back home and someone asks me where it is from, I can say, "London". And I will. I also bought a very cute and swank black hat for those "off" days I have alot in which I opt out of showering. (Today was an "on" day for sure as you can see). 
I bought a frozen pizza today for 99 pents! Which is super cheap. I decided to make it for dinner, not knowing that our oven isn't top-notch. My facebooking was quickly interrupted by Halli yelling, "Christy your pizza is burning!". I think I got a quicker running start to the kitchen than when I was in track in high school. I'm like a cheetah (those are really fast, right?). 
Julia and I were in a creepy underground station today (it looked like it was from Harry Potter), and I almost kicked a pigeon. ALMOST. It's weird, I am such a huge animal lover, but those rank animals just do not have a special place in my heart quite yet.

(That's hummus)
The train is still rolling by about every 5 minutes outside of my window, but I am starting to get used to it. The friendships here are really starting to grow, and I am very excited for everyone to find out their internships for the summer. I'm hoping to expand my eating choices too (Hummus is a new favorite snack of mine). That's me with a jar of hummus in case you were confused. 

And a new favorite quote of the group whenever anything good, bad, interesting, funny, etc happens,"Blog it out". I guess I should get started on that paper now that it is midnight. 
Let's go back:
-Sweet dreams
-Rainy day blues cured
-Burnt pizza/new record in the 100m dash
-Did I mention I am going to PARIS on friday?
-Blog it out

Cheers!
-Christy

4 comments:

Dan Solberg said...

Hey,

Thanks for updating the blog so much. It's fun to read your stories. Also, sorry to correct you, but it's not "pents" but "pence" for the money that you're using. I wouldn't have said anything unless I though it would be helpful to you.

Something else London related that I found was this music video for a very average, formulaic song that was filmed mostly using CCTV footage from around the city. Apparently you're being watched at all times over there! There's more info with the link.

http://gizmodo.com/388915/uk-band-make-themselves-stars-of-surveillance-cam-tv

-Dan

Ali said...

I got so addicted to hummus in London! It's really great with carrot sticks (which I'm pretty sure they call carrot battons there...such a better name!) You should also definitely try frozen grapes...they have great grapes at Tesco and Sainsbury! Missing you tons!!!

-Ali-

Anonymous said...

I am just remembering to check out your site every once in a while. I am leaving for Dallas on Saturday, miss you so much, but looks like you are having fun. I would also like to say that I noticed you used the word that I added to your vocabulary RANK!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm enjoying the updates...but it's been so long since the last one! C'mon, time for a new one already. By the way, let me know if you wanna talk on skype sometime soon.

-Matt