Monday, May 26, 2008

The Tale of Ratatouille

I thought I was imagining it, the squeaking noise coming from under the cabinets in our kitchen, but unfortunately I wasn't. We.have.a.mouse.
I haven't seen the little guy, but I have heard him alot the past two days. The weird thing is that we have kept our flat so extremely clean, that I don't understand how we have attained a new pet. For these purposes, and to keep things lighthearted, I am going to name him after the mouse that lived in Kate's flat last semester-Ratatouille. Maybe he will even help me cook. 
Last night was very eventful. After discovering our "friend", we discovered that there is in fact an old woman that lives up on the 5th floor across from Emily and Allison's flat. They had never heard anyone come in or out of that flat, so when they were heading upstairs and heard a door open and close, the two of them pretty much just flew through the floor to get back to our place so we could help them out. So there we were, in our little girl brigade, and Emily with a knife in her hand (always prepared), going back upstairs to check out the situation. Turns out an elderly woman lives there and was just as scared that people kept knocking on her door. We felt bad, but at least we figured it out. In the midst of that, we also window-watched people from Flat #5's bedroom window. I felt like I was in the movie "Disturbia", but without Shia LeBeouf or witnessing eerie behavior. Maybe later. 
Today we took a bus tour out to Bath and Stonehenge. We were told not to be "noisy", as many Americans I guess have been in the past. Thanks. It took a good 2 hours to get to Bath, but we had a good mix of fun and sleep along the way. Lauren even learned something-it was ok that she didn't bring her swimsuit to Bath. A bunch of the girls, including myself bought pashminas in Bath (2 for 9 pounds!) so that was exciting for me. Especially because now I have 6 scarves here, and 3 of them are blue. Different shads of course. I also dipped my hand in one of the Roman Baths (apparently a "no-no", but I followed other's bad example. And I stole this picture from Carl....thanks bud for capturing such a great moment). 

































After Bath we headed another hour to Stonehenge. Talk about anti-climatic......
The rocks are literally almost on the road, not even at the top of a hill or anything! It was still pretty amazing to see such a historical thing though, and I even took a picture to send to The Arrow (Pi Phis at Stonehenge!)














We were all mad because we couldn't touch any part of Stonehenge, or even get within 500ish yards of it. What do they think will happen?? (this is why none of us are smiling)

I also entertained myself (for the hour) by taking photos of people that I do not know, but just so happened to be either posing by the rocks, turning in odd angles and contortions to get their picture of the rocks, or just very stereotypical tourists (some asians for kicks too). All in all we had a pretty good day with everyone, about 10 of us total went. 

In other and EXTREMELY recent news-We are going to Paris this weekend! The trip sort of just sprung up on us, but we had to take it because of the price. We will be leaving this Friday and coming back on Sunday night. I will not bore you all with the details, but Mom-I'll be calling you tomorrow about it. We are so excited!

And we have had some fun too-here's a picture of a group of us before going out a few nights ago-->
 Let's recap this long entry:
-Ratatouille will help me cook!
-No bathing in Bath
-Stonehenge=glad I saw it, but I didn't cry when it was time to leave
-An old woman lives in flat 4
-British people like to make fun using American stereotypes
-PARIS THIS WEEKEND!
-Look for me in the future issues of The Arrow
-Some of these photos are stolen from friends, but I love them so I figured they wouldn't mind. 

Cheers!
-Christy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES!!