Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Tale of Tardiness

One would think it would not be that hard to arrive to class on time when it starts at 10:30-but remember my last name.
So here's what happened: Caroline and I got up at 8am to go on a run in Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park which is about a 15 minute walk away. We left our flat at 8:45 and stayed at the park until about 10. The park was absolutely gorgeous, I can't wait to go back and take pictures of it. London does not have leash laws either, so everyone has their dogs (which are well-behaved and listen) and they literally just run around. There were alot of pugs, long-haired dachshunds, and labs that I saw today. Anyway, we were not keeping track of time because it was sunny and about 60 degrees outside so we did not get back to our flat until about 10:15. Keep in mind it takes about 15 minutes to get to Imperial College (class started at 10:30). Luckily, the other 4 girls we live with had not left either, so we all left promptly around 10:20ish. OUR TEACHER HAD LOCKED THE DOOR! He let us in for public ridicule and we don't want to ever be late again. I feel like enjoying a famous London park should be a good excuse for being late to class in this type of program, but that's just me. Tomorrow we plan to run earlier and leave our flat by 10am for 10:30 class.

We got to visit the Museum of London today which was very cool, but I can only look at artifacts for so long honestly. We took the tube home and I sat by this man with a small black Barret (we dont know how it was staying on his head), a large beaded bag, and pointed shoes. Alot of men here wear skinny jeans and/or pointed dress shoes. Alot of women wear skinny jeans or leggings and boots and are very mismatched. I'm working on it.

This weekend is a bank holiday in London, therefore we do not have class on Monday. Some people are traveling to Edinborough, some to Rhineland, etc. Me and my flatmates, along with some of the boys, are going to spend the weekend in London sightseeing, and then we are going to Bath and Stonehenge on Sunday. I hear Stonehenge is not too exciting, but we definitely have to see it while we are here.

Also, I don't know if I should say this since it is on public display, but we all got a kick out of it so I might as well share. Before I tell you, just know that I did get above a 3.0 this semester and am therefore still eligible to be in my journalism courses next year. I had one rough class, Power and Money, a poli sci course, and I just hated it. I took the final two days before I left for London and didn't do so hot. So, I looked at myzou today, where my grades are listed in a downward column. Literally started laughing out loud when I saw that my grades spelled out "bad". It looks like this:
B
A+
A
D+
(side note: i have never gotten a D grade in my life)
So, do with that what you wish. But we all laughed here about it.

Thoughts and plans are in the works for a Paris trip (Sammi!) and a trip for my birthday in July.

Recap:
-Tardy=Bad, but I am completely used to it.
-Parks are amazing here and I love dogs
-Skinny pants are hip
-BAAD

Cheers!
-Christy

No comments: